Friday, October 16, 2009

Addicted to Facebook?

Since my account was suspended after reporting to the administration that my FB account has been hacked, I haven't been able to utilize this social networking site for nearly 4 days. I didn't think that I was addicted to FB that much but after this situation, I've realized, surfing FB has taken a chunk of my precious time.  I feel weird, awkward without checking FB once a day. I was really glad that I'm able to retrieve all my information back and having an active account again after constant e-mailing the FB abuse and disabled team. I'm just still in shocked that my account was being hacked by some random Nigerian criminals. Anyway, I'll be more alert in monitoring all my accounts from now on.  

I can now say, I'm addicted to FB.  I not only posting my own stuff but spend hours reading friends' updates and pictures sometimes. It is sort of pathetic but oh well, that's my only entertainment for the past 2 yrs while I'm away from home.  Good thing is that I'm not addicted into those games and quizzes unless someone send it to me and I find it interesting. Most of the time, I just hit IGNORE. 

I think I should find something more valuable and enlightening to do since I have the time to do so. People are so dependent on the technology and I am one of them, which I think it is very sad when a normal youngster prefer not to communicate face to face and choose to sms/texting, chatting online through web messengers.  No wonder there would be a bigger communication/ generation gap in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment