Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Anorexia

It was late at night and I couldn't go to sleep since I'm at the hotel again for my 10 days trip.  I was laying in bed browsing the TV channel and I stopped at this particular channel named "A&E" because there's this interesting topic that caught my attention - ANOREXIA.  It's because I'm a dietitian and I can't help it (我的职业病)。 

There's this twin sister (Sonia and Julia) and they become so competetive against each other that they've had this love hate relationship with each other when their envy towards each other just spiral out of control until they are using their weight to compete with each other and ended up having anorexia. They only eat 300 calories a day! MY GOSH... and they are approximately 95lbs and about 5 foot and 8inches tall.  Their obsession with counting calories and being skinny is just beyond believe! They have a scale that they weigh each food item and everything has to be exact weigh for both of them if not one will complaint, yell and being rude. They even make rules with each other that one sister has to always be 3 lbs heavier than the other. But at the end they agreed to go to this eating disorder rehab center to accept treatment and they have been in recovery. However, people are likely to become anorexic again when they stop gaining control of themselve and letting the illness/disease to control them. 

The obsession with being skinny in this new world has become more and more common everyday!  Thanks to the stupid celebrity and all those unnecessary weight loss program and pills out there.  I just wanted to put this note out here to urge all my fellow friends to eat healthy. You don't have to starve yourself or too overly obsessive with calorie counting to be at a healthy weight. Everything in moderation is the KEY :D  Too much of anything supposedly good for you will also kill you!  Take care :) 

1 comment: