Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Long Labor Hours....

Ahhh... I thought finally I can get out of Hillcrest and going to a nice place not far from where I live - Roanoke, VA.  Which is only 2 hrs of drive compared to 5 1/2 hrs drive prior.  This is lovely. The driving down to the account was not bad at all and the account is nice.  I then come to find out that I'll be assisting an opening account..... "LOVELY" just popped at the back of my mind. Which means, long crazy hours of work to get this accout up and running in a short amount of time. 

Well, most of my working hours were working with a computer system named GeriMenu who organized the geriatric menus that we served in the facility and also their specialized diets with likes and dislikes.  It's just taking forever to do the data entering and trying to get all the menus and diets in placed, printed out the menus and run the production sheets.  Ahhh...but it's a well spent day from 8am -8pm of work... first time ever that I have to work 12 hours at work. Gosh !! Luckily I have other team members to take care of other stuff and our boss took us out to dinner at night and he paid for it  ^_^  hahah.  Always love the boss that take good care of his employees...and we've earned our dinner fair and square!!! 

Today, again was at the account since 6am...trying to make sure the breakfast went ok. All the resident were fed and on time :) Uneventful day.  Looking at the computer at work for 11 1/2 hours is taking some tolls on my eye and I'm so tired even my colleagues noticed that I've said stupid things at the end of our work day! Man, am I tired. But as long as I can get things done, I'm happy :)  Dinner is also good at this seafood restaurant that our boss took us to, it's called Awful Arthur's ...good food, so yummy that my tummy is so bloated right now while typing this up.  Ahhhhh... I LOVE FOOD...wish I can find a boyfriend that is a Executive Chef and he can cook gourmet meals for me daily.  Hmmm....wonder if that will come true? 

Time to get some rest and getting ready for tomorrow yet another long day till eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment