Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Sunday Thoughts

It's Memorial Day today (similar to chinese culture "Qing Ming"), Jon's aunt Susan invited us to go her house at Massanutten for a get together with her family. It takes about 40minutes from our apartment to her house up in the mountain and along the way we were listening to one of the better radio station in harrisonburg, FM 100.7.  Unfortunately, don't know what's going on today as the radio station was going retro to the 90's music recap. It's so funny that they were playing the Backstreets Boys " Backstreests Back" and I was singing to the song in the car and annoying Jon along the way !!! What a fun way to start our Sunday :D  I find it very entertaining to annoy my own boyfriend during the car ride anywhere we go.  That's the best way to test whether the boyfriend is a keeper or not.  Haha...I've met guys that don't care and would just ask their girlfriend to shut up and change the station to their liking.  Jerk ! But, Jon is a gentlement but he still get annoyed and was just holding it since he has no clue yet how to annoy me in the car! 

I've stuffed myself with tons of food today at the party and the best part was just laying on the chair and soaking up the sun.  Luckily I don't get burn but Jon will likely become a big lobster the next day or so since he's so fair and rarely get out of the sun and get burn easily.  Nothing really special after the party today and I'm just dreading the day for tomorrow to arrive as I'll hav to drive to Roanoke again for 10 days to the crazy place for support.  

MY and I were talking about the work situation last friday and I'm really really fed up with my own career and what I've been doing for the past year in the States.  Life means more than that to me and I will have to come up with a conclusion pretty soon to decide what's next on the chapter of my life.   I've been watching this new TVB series and there's a quote in there that says:" 人生有几多个十年"  as in (there's not many 10 years in life) and I really have to re-evaluate what's more important and best for myself before times run out. 

3 comments:

  1. haha...i love to make raj annoyed also, it's fun and entertaining but he's even better to annoy me...lolll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gal, stop think too much.. enjoy your life and plan for the future.you have your sister n brother who are quite acknowledgeable in financial. i'm pretty sure they had share their experience. so enjoy ur life!!!

    Lee Keong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Keong Keong, didn't know that other people actually read this blog woh!

    ReplyDelete